Sarasota is a short drive to some of West Coast Florida’s most popular beaches, but it also offers several unique photography locations aside from the beach. Sarasota is a cultural hub filled with fine arts, theaters, music, gardens, and amazing parks. Sarasota truly has something for everyone.
Check out some of our favorite Sarasota photography locations below that offer a wonderful variety of backdrops and scenery for your portrait session! Wanting something closer to your stay? We can meet at your resort or rental too, just ask!
Other locations you might be interested in include, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Lido Key, Longboat Key and Bradenton.
Artsy eclectic vibes by the beach
The ringling Museum
• Small sand beaches are accessible depending on the tide
• Views of Marina Jacks, which host sailboats and yachts with the city scape behind it
• View of sunset over the John Ringling bridge parts of the year and when it doesn't, it's common to still see that color. weather permitting
• There is a lot of parking, but the park is often very busy, especially on weekends and holidays
• Public restrooms right next to O’Learys
• Tons of shopping and dining in nearby downtown Sarasota
• Unique art murals, colorful buildings and some eclectic circus vibes
• Theatre’s, sculptures, and art galleries
• Street parking can be tricky, but parking garages are available
• Great for couples or seniors who would like a secondary location
• Plenty of amazing restaurants and shopping to choose from after your shoot.
• Eclectic, unique, colorful architecture
• Views of Sarasota Bay
• Plenty of public restrooms and parking
• Closes at 5 (no sunset)
• Additional fees and reservations required. Click for more info: https://www.ringling.org/photography-filming
Bayfront park is located waterfront in downtown Sarasota with views of the city, Sarasota Bay, and John Ringling Bridge
Downtown Sarasota is a hub for art, history and culture
a beautiful property that features impeccable landscaping, unique architecture, an art and circus museum, sculptures, and the Ca’ d'Zan Mansion.
Marie Selby Gardens
Phillippi Estate Park
• Views of Sarasota Bay
• Sidewalk accessible throughout the park
• Public restrooms
• Plenty of parking
• Closes at 5 (no sunset)
• Please note that Selby Botanical Gardens charges their own fees for professional portraits. Read more at their website linked here: https://selby.org/photography-at-selby-gardens/
• The park provides lush greenery, walking trails, and the historic Edson Keith mansion, gazebos and statues
• Public parking
Phillippi Estate Park is 60 acre park located near downtown Sarasota on the Phillippi creek
"Becky and Summer recently shot our wedding at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota, and they were WONDERFUL! So easy to work with, they tailored everything to whatever we wanted. They offered flexible packages that we could customize to fit our timeline and exactly what we needed, and their pricing was reasonable. The photos turned out beautiful, I couldn't be happier!" -Karen
"The photos turned out beautiful, I couldn't be happier!"
"Becky arrived a little before the ceremony, but of course, that was the height of our chaos. She was so polite and understanding, Then as she took some truly amazing photos of my wife and I finishing getting ready, Spencer was capturing photos of our arriving guests. The shots of the ceremony are so perfect. It's beyond anything I could have hoped for. We took a ton of portraits with family. This was the most chaotic time, but Becky and Spencer were so calm, understanding, and lighthearted that it kept our mood bubbly. We have so many photos of us laughing with our family and friends. They've got such a great eye for detail, and they'll get some amazing shots of your wedding. And they're so friendly!" - Angela
"Wow wow wow! My wife and I just got our photos back and are completely blown away"
"We used Love and Style for a family photo shoot on Anna Maria Island. They were so fun to work with and we love our photos. In just a 60-minute shoot they captured many different poses and locations on and around the beach. They were great at getting our baby to smile and getting great shots of her. I highly recommend them!!!." - Kaitlyn
"They were great at getting our baby to smile"
"If you are looking for a photographer, we used Love and Style Photography for our wedding pictures and they are perfect. When we decided to do a destination beach wedding we knew pictures were going to be important to us and Becky and Summer did not disappoint. The pictures were beautiful and they organization made the day run so smoothly. They made a timeline, which was a huge help for the day. They are easy going and fun to work with, which is important in a photographer. We couldn’t be happier with our experience and recommend them for anyone looking for amazing memories from their wedding day!" -Aubrey
"The pictures were beautiful and they organization made the day run so smoothly"
"Spencer was awesome. Very personable and easy going. Great communication from this company from start to finish. c. Would highly recommend." -Diana
"Spencer was awesomE!"
"This is our 2nd year using Love and Style Photography for our family photos. Both times we have had the pleasure of working with Spencer. He has been amazing and captured such beautiful pictures and moments for our family. We have 2 little ones which can be difficult when trying to get everyone to pose and smile, but he was so wonderful and patient with our girls - they loved him. Couldn't be happier and plan on coming back again!" -Dawn
"wonderful and patient with our girls"